VP, Marketing, Bay Area
Position Description & General Requirements
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and based in Palo Alto, the Vice President of Marketing will provide the leadership, vision and functional expertise for developing a comprehensive pre-commercialization launch and execution plan for TransCon Growth Hormone, PTH and other pipeline compounds.
- Develop the strategic, tactical and execution launch plan for TransCon Growth Hormone and execute plan seamlessly to meet or exceed launch plan objectives.
- Role model of the company vision, mission and values (patients, science, passion).
- Hires and develops best in class talent aligned with our company vision, mission and values.
- Develops and sustains highly collaborative and effective cross-functional working relationships with US and European colleagues.
- Develop key external relationships with key opinion leaders, vendors, consultants, agencies and business partners.
- Demonstrates high level of professional expertise within the functional discipline.
- Turns strategy into action; proactively develops own functional area to prepare for the future to ensure long-term success, including brand life-cycle management.
Position Specific Requirements
- Successful track record developing pre-commercialization launch planning and building at least two significant pharmaceutical brands and at least one in the rare disease space.
- Successful working in both big pharma as well as small biotech start-up company environments.
- Entrepreneurial leader who builds strong teams of people with diverse experiences, perspectives and talents and creates an environment in which the team is highly motivated and engaged to work together to deliver exceptional results consistent with company vision, mission and values.
- Proven ability to develop clear, differentiated and compelling brand positioning, with corresponding brand core messaging and crystallized product promise.
- Possesses broad base of industry experiences including working with specialty pharmacy, advocacy, payers and PBMs and incorporating HEOR into overall marketing plan and brand value proposition.
- Science-based leader with strong analytic skills and proficient in developing accurate brand forecasts.
- Exceptional planning & organizational skills and attention to detail including budget management.
- Demonstrated track record of creating an aligned partnership and seamless execution with sales leadership.
- Experience developing high impact marketing and collateral materials
- Experienced in building metrics to measure impact of marketing efforts
- Experienced in developing local market strategies and marketing initiatives to maximize business opportunities in diverse markets
- Possesses strong and broad industry relationships and network with agencies and vendors who is skilled in successfully negotiating contracts.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in the biopharmaceutical industry in Marketing, Market Access, Sales, or Business Development, in both small and large companies, including supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of Pharmaceutical Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or graduate level degree preferred.
Other Valuable Capabilities
- Experience in endocrinology and the growth hormone market
- Experience with drug-device combination products
- Experience with digital advertising, including DTC
- Experience with public relations and advocacy
- Experience pricing new pharmaceutical, globally
- Global marketing experience
Responsibilities & Main tasks
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally