Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and based in Palo Alto, the Vice President of Market Access will provide the leadership, vision and functional expertise for developing a comprehensive pre-commercialization market access launch and execution plan for Growth Hormone, PTH and other pipeline compounds.
- Develop the market access strategic, tactical and execution launch plan for Growth Hormone and execute plan seamlessly to meet or exceed launch plan objectives.
- Role model of the company vision, mission and values (patients, science, passion).
- Hires and develops best in class talent aligned with our company vision, mission and values.
- Develops and sustains highly collaborative and effective cross-functional working relationships with US and European colleagues.
- Develop key external relationships with payers, KOLs and business partners.
- Demonstrates high level of professional expertise within the functional discipline.
- Turns strategy into action; proactively develops own functional area to be prepared for thefuture to ensure long-term success, including brand life-cycle management.
Position specific requirements
- Successful track record developing pre-commercialization market access launch planning strategies for at least two significant pharmaceutical brands and at least one in the rare disease space.
- Successful working in both big pharma as well as small biotech start-up company environments.
- Entrepreneurial leader who builds strong teams of people with diverse experiences, perspectives and talents and creates an environment in which the team is highly motivated and engaged to work together to deliver exceptional results consistent with company vision, mission and values.
- Possesses broad base and in-depth understanding of reimbursement issues, payer segments, use of specialty pharmacies, the J-Code application process, managed market customers including private and public payers, national and regional health plans, stateMedicaid, Medicare Part B and D, VA/DOD, PBM’s, Employers, IDNs, Medical Groups and ACOs.
- Extensive relationships and contracting experience with payers, health systems and organized customers at the national and regional level.
- Proficient developing distribution strategies for a diverse product portfolio.
- Proficient managing government chargeback process.
- Proficient building and managing a HUB service.
- Experience working with HEOR and developing successful outcome based contractingstrategies in crowded mature markets and maximizing GTN.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an insightful, differentiated and impactful market accessbrand value proposition, which uniquely resonates with the payer and organized customer
resulting in above expected market penetration rates.
- Science-based leader with strong analytic skills.
- Exceptional planning & organizational skills and attention to detail including budgetmanagement.
- Possesses strong and broad industry relationships and professional network of influentialmarket access leaders, consultants, agencies and vendors to be in-synch with industry best practices and competitive strategies as well as on the cutting edge of future innovative changes to the payer and industry landscape.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in the biopharmaceutical market, in both small and large companies (or related experience in management/strategy consulting and or equity research focused on the biotech and/or pharmaceutical sector), including supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in pharmaceutical market access.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or graduate level degree preferred.
- Other valuable capabilities
- Experience in endocrinology and the growth hormone market
- Experience with drug-device combination products
- Experience pricing new pharmaceutical, globallyResponsibilities & Main tasks
Ability to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally …
To apply, please email resume to email@example.com