VP Commercial Analytics; Palo Alto, CA
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and based in Palo Alto, the Vice President of Commercial Analytics will provide the leadership, vision and functional expertise for developing a comprehensive pre-commercialization market research strategy and analytics support plan for the successful launch and execution of Growth Hormone, PTH and other pipeline compounds.
- Develop the commercial analytics strategic, tactical and execution launch plan for Growth Hormone and execute plan seamlessly to meet or exceed launch plan objectives.
- Role model of the company vision, mission and values (patients, science, passion).
- Hires and develops best in class talent aligned with our company vision, mission and values.
- Develops and sustains highly collaborative and effective cross-functional working relationships with US and European colleagues.
- Develops key external relationships with consultants, vendors and business partners.
- Demonstrates high level of professional expertise within the functional discipline.
- Turns strategy into action; proactively develops own functional area to prepare for thefuture to ensure long-term success, including brand life-cycle management.Position specific requirements
- Successful track-record of leading or senior member of the commercial analytics function proficient in developing, leading and executing the commercial analytics function for a diverse array of therapeutic areas.
- Successfully launched at least one pharmaceutical brand, ideally two or more, and at least one rare disease drug.
- Successful working in both big pharma as well as small biotech start-up company environments.
- Entrepreneurial leader who builds strong teams of people with diverse experiences, perspectives and talents and creates an environment in which the team is highly motivated and engaged to work together to deliver exceptional results consistent with company vision, mission and values.
- Expert in qualitative and quantitative market research, analysis and brand forecasting.
Proficient in designing, conducting and interpreting primary and secondary data analysis.
- Develop and analyze a wide range of data, extracting critical findings and providing insightsto aid in sound decision-making.
- Proficient developing all functions related to third party data acquisitions, master datamanagement, data warehousing, lead the collection and distribution of relevant data fromthe data aggregator, data compliance and integrity.
- Develop field alignment, call plan, field sales reports, and incentive compensation plans,KPIs, dashboards, measuring and assessing field force effectiveness and developing CRMsystems.
- Successfully negotiate vendor contracts.
- Develop presentations for senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- In-depth experience with specialty pharmaceuticals, specialty pharmacy, HUB services and payer contracting.
- Evaluate business development opportunities, conduct market analysis, product assessments, due-diligence, and forecast modelling.
- Possess relationships with broad base of vendors necessary to lead this function.
- Exceptional planning & organizational skills and attention to detail including budgetmanagement.Qualifications
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in the biopharmaceutical market, in both small and large companies (or related experience in management/strategy consulting and or equity research focused on the biotech and/or pharmaceutical sector), including supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial analytics experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or graduate level degree preferred.
- Other valuable capabilities
- Global experience including product launches, building global master data management anddata warehousing function and working with international colleagues.
- Experience evaluating effectiveness of marketing tactics including digital advertising andDTC advertising.
- Experience pricing new pharmaceuticals, globally.
- Experience in endocrinology and the growth hormone market.
- Experience with drug-device combination products.
to apply, please email resume to email@example.com