The Vice President, Global Information Technology (IT) is responsible for setting the enterprise IT strategy and driving cross-functional IT needs by being well versed with industry trends and emerging technologies. He/she must be continuously be on the lookout for transforming the business through technology. He/she will be responsible for overseeing a group of technology professionals accountable for global IT infrastructure and support. He/she must also bring strong leadership to the team and create an environment that promotes professional development and growth. The ideal candidate will balance the technical aspects of this position and the ability to integrate the company’s corporate strategy with IT priorities. He/she must also possess excellent communication skills to provide clear and business focused (non-technical) communications to senior management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the overall IT Lead, responsible for IT strategy, vision, reference architectures, governance, technology due diligence and selection, project delivery and management.
- Serves as the chair of the Global IT Steering Team.
- People management
- Oversee a global team of 5-8 direct reports.
- Set team’s annual deliverables/objectives, performance goals, and empower them to deliver our strategic priorities and objectives.
- Select, develop and motivate a high talent team; mentor key technical resources.
- Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, other peer groups, and across the organization.
- Strategic Planning
- Owns the development of our target state architectures and five year roadmaps, working closely with the business and solution delivery teams (internal and external) to align and integrate their respective strategies.
- Plans, sets, and documents strategic architecture vision and tactical directions for existing and forthcoming products.
- Evaluates and determines the balance between in sourced vs. outsourced models for IT services.
- Owns and operates the Organization System Selection/Implementation process, evaluating all significant application, data, infrastructure and services projects and production systems.
- Drives technology selection process and manages/controls the software and hardware technology stack.
- Owns technology standards assessment and adoption for IT technologies.
- Sets the overall guidelines, standards and architectural principles for architecting solutions across the portfolio; manages the governance of these standards at the program and project level.
- Establishes enterprise data architecture strategy and manages enterprise-wide storage, backup, integration, and accessibility of data.
- Establishes strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology management, in the capacity of a trusted advisor on IT matters.
- Engages the business and process owners and leads the collaborative planning effort to leverage emerging technologies for addressing strategic enterprise goals.
- Communicates the practical implications of system selection and implementation, architectural decisions, issues and plans to senior business, systems delivery, and infrastructure management.
- Identifies and promotes opportunities for cross-business sharing / re-use of application components, rationalization of application portfolios and integrated architectures.
- • Establishes data management strategy and policies in conjunction with various functional teams
- Establish Project Management capabilities to apply rigor to portfolio analysis (including sequencing of projects), budgeting & planning, tracking and resolving issues, risks and dependencies across projects and programs, coordinating executive communications/status reporting and coordinating resource management and staffing needs.
- Master’s degree or MBA with a degree, or concentration in, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline and a minimum of 15 years progressively responsible experience at least 8 of which were spent in a management role.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology or related environment is preferred.
- Global experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment ideally including leadership experience of an IT function during the expansion of commercial business globally.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with a variety of audiences and stakeholders including, but not limited to, Executive and Senior Management, Business Leaders/Managers and colleagues worldwide.
- An active listener with the demonstrated ability to proactively and confidently engage with global key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business’ evolving IT needs, develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions and explain technology-related issues to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading and supporting an IT vision and direction including demonstrated experience developing long- and short-term strategic IT plans, developing the associated financial analyses and translating budgeted plans into tactical, actionable operational initiatives.
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience as a project manager with strong planning skills, the ability to set and manage expectations and deliver on projects within the committed timeframe and budget.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace, adapt to and actively manage change, including experience facilitating the transition from traditional client/server systems to cloud-based solutions.
- Hands-on experience negotiating and managing vendor contracts.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience managing, coaching and mentoring direct reports.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- 20% domestic and international travel
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org