This role can be an Executive Director level for exceptional and senior level candidates
Director Corporate Strategy
- Provide thought leadership with respect to enterprise-level strategic topics which may include portfolio composition, capability development, franchise evolution, and resource allocation
- Assess market dynamics and competitive landscape in order to identify potential implications
- Identify and develop targeted analytics to inform decision making with focus on annual budget and strategic planning cycles. Analytics will include creation of specific financial scenarios in areas of highest portfolio / market uncertainty
- Work flexibly with R&D, Medical, Commercial, and Finance stakeholders on above with ability to translate findings into P&L implications
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: biological sciences, chemistry, physics, statistics, computing science, business (finance, marking, or operations), or engineering
- 5 or more years experience in a company or academia (or combination) in a function such as market research, strategic planning, finance, marketing, portfolio management or strategic consulting
- Must understand financial, operational and R&D analytics from a broad range of lenses and be able to apply these to specific business challenges. Financial experience must include including eNPV analysis and Monte Carlo simulation
- Significant strategic and/or financial planning experience in oncology is mandatory
- Adept at reading and understanding external materials such as analyst reports and market research and incorporating/synthesizing relevant components into work products
- High level of competence in developing executive ready presentations and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated maturity and ability to think on feet
- Can-do attitude and ability to work in a highly matrixed and dynamic business environment including ability to interact and communicate to senior level executives
August in New Jersey usually doesn’t change much from year to year. The beautiful beaches are full of people from all over the state and from our neighbors in NYC and Pennsylvania. The stores are full of parents starting to get their children’s school supplies together and back to school wardrobes. August usually represents a pretty slow month here at TSE only this year is different. Candidates and job seekers (or lurkers) can always read through job descriptions but I wanted to share some notes on some of the positions for which our clients are hiring ASAP.
- Market Access Strategy Specialists – Oncology
It’s an amazing time in Cancer research for patients and their families. We have moved from primarily palliative cares to innovative platforms that might soon and forever change what a cancer diagnosis means. We have an NJ client at the forefront of this research and we need Market Access specialists to manage the message to the Payors to help them distinguish why Immunotherapy is necessary and why is it significantly better than the historic alternatives. This position combines Access Strategy with Payor Knowledge, Market Segmentation and Value Communications.
- Head of US Analytics and Insights – NJ Biotech
We always hear from great candidates outside of Biotech/Pharma that clients will discard candidates without prior experience in the field. Well, we have a client that is thinking differently about a great opportunity to lead their Insights and Analytics team. The client knows that 99.99% of their employees can provide subject matter expertise for pharmaceuticals but they want this person to understand cutting edge data tools. This represents a remarkable opportunity to work in a meaningful area (Hematology / Oncology) and apply those quantitative and business intelligence skills. Candidates should email me directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time to discuss
Billion dollar global firm is building out true boutique life sciences offering under their global brand. For three years they have recruited an all-star caliber team and have built some tremendous client relationships through their great work. This team is growing in Boston, NYC and San Francisco and we are helping them to identify, attract and recruit direct partners. Candidates should email me directly to email@example.com to set up time to discuss
- Strongest Brand in Management Consulting has tabbed TSE to build their Market Access Team
Candidates should email me directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time to discuss
- Sr. Director, M&A and Corporate Development
This position is unique for us in that it sits in Switzerland. While corporate HQ for this Fortune 20 company is in the US, this position will be the most high ranking BD/M&A person in Europe. It is a great opportunity for M&A professional or banker looking to jump into a great client side role.
I have linked our careers page so head to the beach, hit the waves and then come back and think about what these great opportunities might mean for you!