Analyst Position Overview
Analysts work together with experienced Consultants and Managers to deliver strategic consulting projects to clients. As an Analyst, you will:
- Work on multiple projects at the same time
- Collect and analyze information from primary market research and secondary data sources
- Use Excel to conduct quantitative analyses. Ability to proficiently use statistical software packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS) is a plus
- Use qualitative data analysis software to conduct qualitative analyses
- Develop concise and meaningful PowerPoint slides that are congruent with the client business needs
- Communicate findings from your analyses to internal team members and, over time, to clients
- Interact with and manage third-party vendors
- Work on a team in a highly collegial and collaborative environment
- Take on responsibility for managing parts of projects
Our projects are staffed with two to three team members. Working with small teams creates a close working relationship with other team members and clients. Direct involvement with clients enables a better understanding of their needs and how project results and insights get used.
As a small firm, we invest in training for all new employees. Given the diverse nature of our projects, we also rely heavily on on-the-job learning. Working closely with highly experienced Consultants and Managers who are directly involved in project work allows new Analysts to learn quickly. New Analysts work with their managers on professional development goals, career guidance, and performance evaluation. As Analysts demonstrate analytic and project management skills, responsibilities grow rapidly.
Desired Analyst Profile
Ideal candidates for the Analyst positions are graduates of top Business or Science programs with some work experience. Graduate degrees are preferred; however, undergraduates with 2 or more years of relevant work experience may also be considered. Healthcare experience is preferred, but not required.
Although many of our Analysts have degrees in the life sciences, engineering, or business, we hire from a wide range of disciplines including psychology, sociology, economics, statistics, and other programs with an analytic focus, as long as there is an expressed desire to apply these skills to the healthcare industry.
In addition to strong educational background and work experience, we evaluate the following qualities when reviewing Analyst candidates:
• Intellectual curiosity and a desire to problem solve
• Close attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Business instincts
• Adaptable and flexible
• Works effectively in a team environment
• Displays leadership qualities
• Healthcare experience is highly desirable
• Proficiency in statistical software programs (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA) is desirable but not required
***Interested candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration