Director/Sr. Director, Decision Support and Marketing Analytics
Lead and provide a high level of business decision and analytical support for marketing and other commercial functions using effective, data driven insights with high accuracy and full knowledge of risks. The role will draw upon the areas of commercial operations, long range planning and forecasting, global market research and competitive intelligence. The scope will include activity across various in-line (commercial) products, clinical and research stage programs as well as new product assessments in support of business development activity.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with global brand leaders, regional commercial teams, sales leadership market access and patient services to understand key drivers of performance and develop performance metrics aligned to business goals and functional objectives
- Work with global brand leaders to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing tools and initiatives
- Lead competitive intelligence activities and review resources for early warning signs/trends of potential threats and opportunities.
- Coordinate with regional and local commercial teams around the selection, implementation and on-going management of a Customer Relations Management (CRM) system
- Support global pricing policy to optimize both longand short term revenues
Long Range Planning
- Partner with Finance to lead the long range strategic planning (LRP) business process for commercial and pipeline products
- Develop and maintain global long range forecasts. Partner with cross functional teams to run market models and conduct scenario analyses in support of strategic decision making, and work with regional teams to ensure alignment with shorter term, operating forecasts.
- Lead global market research (primary and secondary) and analytics for commercial and pipeline products and align with local market intelligence
New product assessments
- Ensure patient needs are understood and market relevance is built early into the R&D process
- Evaluate new business or product expansion opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Economics, Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 10 years of experience working within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry and a minimum of 5 years in a decision support, commercial operations or marketing role.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- He/she will possess a background that includes responsibility for market research, analytics, competitive intelligence and experience working across a portfolio of innovative, first-in-class or best-in-class specialty products.
- Will also have experience with a range of pharmaceutical market forecasting techniques and their use for strategic decision making along with expertise in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of different decision tools such as Crystal Ball and Monte Carlo Analysis will also be helpful.
- Must have experience developing, managing and maximizing the utility of CRM databases.
- Must demonstrate alignment with values and culture.
- Must be able to maximize all market research data and analytics to communicate its results and application.
- Must have strong expertise and be able to synthesize multiple quantitative data sources (Sales, Distribution, financial, industry) and provide information on the brand(s) performance.
- Must understand the competitive intelligence environment within the current portfolio and pipeline of products from a commercial perspective.
- Must be able to support brand leaders, sales, market access and patient services with forecasting and performance metrics.
- Demonstrate experience in the conception, development and execution of marketing analytics projects and tactics
- Demonstrate understanding global pricing policies for current and pipeline products to optimize both long and short term revenues.
- Must have strong collaborative skills, the ability to work in a matrix organization and experience working in a partnership environment.
- Strategic “out of the box” thinker who will challenge the status quo to improve decision making in the commercial organization.
- Entrepreneurial, decisive, and possesses a sense of urgency with the ability and strong desire to “make things happen.”
- Excellent organizational and influencing skills.
- Strong customer orientation; a passion for science based brands that can dramatically improve patients’ lives.
- Must be a dynamic, creative and innovative professional. The ideal candidate will thrive on challenge, be highly collaborative and exhibit strategic agility. He/She will manifest trust and clearly project and practice the highest of ethics and integrity.
To apply please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org