– Leads and participates in cross-functional oncology drug development matrix teams.
– Designs and develops proof-of-concept research plans, develops Phase I/II and clinical pharmacology protocols, leads the execution of clinical studies and interpretation of data and makes appropriate recommendations based on these data.
– Serves as a medical and scientific expert to drug discovery teams and contributes to selection of discovery compounds, development of clinical strategy and transition of compounds into early phase development.
– Contributes to the writing, review and publishing of reports submitted to regulatory agencies.
– Serves as one of the company’s scientific and medical experts and represents client at advisory boards and public forums.
– Participates in licensing teams in the evaluation of clinical or preclinical external opportunities.
– Builds relationships with thought leaders and principal investigators and gathers input on disease areas and design of clinical programs.
– Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives, effective team-building and effective communication across the oncology community.
– M.D. degree, Board Certification in Internal Medicine and Oncology or related fields, and knowledge of both basic science and clinical oncology.
– Extensive experience in Oncology drug development including the design, conduct and analysis of clinical trials.
– Experience in Clinical Biomarkers and Clinical Pharmacology preferred.
– Strong leadership skills with proven ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment.
– Excellent communication skills, ability to deliver effective presentations, strong networking abilities and creativity are essential requirements.