Position will lead commercial strategy and drive the execution for pipeline programs. This position works closely with senior leaders across multiple functions, including members of the program core team and commercial leaders.
This position drives commercial planning and market preparation activities by providing objective, in-depth information on current and future markets, customers and competitors. The position identifies critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborates with commercial/cross-functional teams, and drives strategies to set the direction for the product.
- Lead global commercial strategies for programs in Rare Diseases
- Provide evaluation of market opportunities, develop business / go-to-market plan, secures resources and lead appropriate market development/ pre-launch activities.
- Liaise with other core team members to support team activities and strategy development. Play an integral role in guiding program strategy.
- Provides expert guidance and leadership on the commercial potential and market landscape to core teams, informing strategies such as medical plans and life cycle plans
- Partner closely with medical affairs and patient advocacy to ensure physician and patient needs are addressed for innovative, paradigm-shifting therapy
- With market access colleagues, ensure access and reimbursement strategies are in place to support patient and physician demand
- Oversee the development of market research plans, competitive landscape assessment and revenue forecasts.
- As needed, support business development efforts by serving as a direct commercial interface and providing evaluation of market opportunities
- 6+ years in biotech / pharmaceutical marketing role
- 10+ years in biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Experience leading marketing efforts
- Experience working in core team setting and managing team
- Excellent communication, collaboration, strategic and analytical skills are required
- Product launch and pre-launch experience
- U.S. and international experience
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences or economics
- MBA, strongly preferred