Corporate Vice President, Strategic Capabilities. This is a new team that will be responsible for development and delivery of strategic capabilities, including application of new data (e.g. digital health data) and advanced analytics tools and techniques, to deliver customer value or operational efficiencies across the life insurance value chain.
This is a unique opportunity to have a significant impact on the future growth and operations of the company through the development of key strategic capabilities as we continue building out its customer-centric strategy, business model, and marketing and risk assessment capabilities.
The ideal candidate will have several years of prior consulting experience from a top-tier consulting firm along with significant operating experience in strategy, business development or product development within a corporate environment. Substantial experience within the broader technology industry, with a focus on healthcare technology along with a strong understanding of the digital health space is preferred. Experience working directly with early-mid stage companies, including startups will be considered a plus.
Extensive experience leading and influencing large cross-functional teams in complex multi-disciplinary projects is an essential requirement. The ideal candidate will have a strong execution skills with a solid focus on driving concrete business or operational results. The candidate must have the ability to quickly identify and align with key functional stakeholders, and build effective working relationships with members across different teams to forge productive, efficient cross-functional project teams that are committed to delivering tangible results.
Functional areas: Strategy Development, Advanced Analytics, Underwriting, Technology, Marketing Strategy, Customer Insights, Agency Marketing, Product Development, Product Management, Data Solutions & Governance
- Develop deep understanding of emerging digital health landscape including promising early-mid stage companies that can provide new, innovative data and advanced analytics capabilities
- Help to develop a thoughtful strategic approach and execution plan for within the broader digital health landscape
- Work with external partners and vendors as needed to conceive and execute a process for evaluation of new, innovative data sources for risk assessment and advanced analytics
- Lead project planning and execution of critical cross-functional initiatives linked to the development of key strategic capabilities
- For above projects, lead all activities related to strategic goal identification, roadmap development, detailed workstream planning and execution, resource requirements and availability, and governance and program management
- Create highly effective cross-functional working teams with key workstreams staffed by team members from relevant functional areas
- Take overall ownership of projects, lead the team in achieving results and deliver on key objectives
- Manage pilot projects to evaluate new data sources and analytics capabilities, set clear pilot evaluation criteria, work with operational teams to operationalize data and capabilities that successfully meet pilot criteria
- Manage project governance, and effectively communicate project status senior management on a regular basis
- Help in iterative development of long-term strategy and operating plan for IAG, and support strategic decision making with research, modeling, analysis, and effective presentations of key factors influencing and driving the businesses
- Drive collaborative development of core long-term strategic operating plan, including channel mix, product mix, execution strategy, capability gaps, strategic initiatives and key performance indicators
- Develop materials to communicate strategic approach and execution plan to various constituencies, including board members, executive management, key stakeholders and working teams
- Self-motivated, with strong leadership skills and executive leadership presence
- Very strong communication skills, and a collaborative work style, with the ability to earn the trust of senior management and peers across the organization
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams in the realization of project goals and time-bound deliverables; experience coordinating and leading projects across cross-functional teams
- Very strong analytical and synthesis skills
- Strong execution orientation, with a drive to deliver tangible results is an absolute must
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and multi-task is essential; must be very organized and have excellent follow-up and problem solving skills
- Deep knowledge of Excel and excellent Powerpoint skills required; experience with databases and analytic/statistical tools helpful
- Outstanding judgment, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management using presentations, emails, telephone conferences and discussions
- Knowledge and understanding of NYL’s insurance and annuity products and distribution very helpful
- Minimum of 10 – 12+ years of experience in roles across consulting, corporate strategy, corporate business development, or product management requiring in-depth business and financial analysis, synthesis and presentations to senior management
- Top-tier management consulting or corporate strategy and business development experience required, including building partnerships and delivering concrete business results with companies of various sizes
- M&A experience a plus but not required
- Experience and knowledge of the healthcare industry, especially use of digital health data, a strong plus
- Broad knowledge of startup space, particularly within health care and digital data. Ability to identify high-potential early-stage partners.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in complex project settings, with the ability to deliver on aggressive targets
- Broad knowledge of the Life Insurance industry a strong plus
- Solid experience with and aptitude for conducting research and analysis, including fairly detailed financial analysis
- Engineering, math, business, computer science or other technology undergraduate degree
- MBA required; actuarial training or CFA a strong plus
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org