The Medical organization strives to be recognized throughout the world as the most accomplished and respected BioPharma Medical organization. Medical increasingly plays a valuable and unique role in unlocking the full potential of our scientific and medical innovation. In Medical, you will have the ability to impact the lives of patients by developing and ensuring the safe and appropriate use of our medicines.
The HQ Medical Multiple Myeloma Lead plays a critical strategic role in developing and executing the Global Medical Plan for our assets focused on the treatment of myeloma across the treatment spectrum and phases of development. The position bridges clinical development with clinical practice of myeloma, and enables knowledge transfer to the broader Medical organization across local regions/markets. This role reports to the Hematology Lead, HQ Medical Oncology.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead the multiple myeloma Medical Plan development and execution across assets and brands.
- Transform clinical and other data into medical knowledge, and role model and lead knowledge transfer to and from HQ to Markets and external stakeholders.
- Partner with Commercial colleagues to integrate Medical perspective into the commercialization process, and provide medical review of brand content to align with overall strategy.
- Partner in the development of health outcomes and access strategy.
- Partner with Research and Development to input into strategy of development plan.
- Creating a scientific and medical communication strategy, in partnership with Medical Publications.
- Provide Medical input/perspective, and plan and execute scientific content, at key internal and external congresses and forums.
- Provide Medical insights into the development of non-promotional disease education campaigns.
- Build, forecast and track/adjust the Medical budget and resources for the brand.
Requirements: The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and qualifications:
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD).
- 5-10 years of clinical or industry experience in Oncology. Broad experience in Oncology with specific expertise in Hematology/multiple myeloma preferred.
- Relevant industry experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development. Experience in a customer-facing role with thought leaders and key customers preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, building and maintaining key relationships across a highly matrixed environment, and leveraging those relationships to meet shared objectives. Experience in leading a cross functional team is preferred.
- Highly organized and motivated individual possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills is critical.